Team Never-Ending Story HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 78 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:09 pm
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Team Never-Ending Story HQ on your social bookmarking website

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Welcome to N-E S 2.0!

Go down

Welcome to N-E S 2.0! Empty Welcome to N-E S 2.0!

Post by Impromptu Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:24 pm

(Before you read this, I am super sorry for not getting this message out sooner ;__;
Would have saved you a lot of confusion- but here it is now.)

Ahoy, everyone!
It's great to have everyone get together again for another round of N-E S; super excited to get going.

Most of the veterans here know how N-E S functions: It's essentially a collaborative story made by the users here where you can jump in at pretty much any point in time- The Never Ending Story is also -mostly- improvised. Some planning can be done between members, but to preserve the nature of the story, flexibility should be kept in mind.

Jason will probably have a more in-depth description later.

Now, we're starting with something a little more restrictive to kick off the story, an arc a few of us planned in chat called The Bridge. No characters will be bound to certain actions within planning, but there are events that have to be completed in order to achieve the set ending.

General Idea:

>Enter Cor Lumina during the Winter Festival.

>Later that night, a strange cold passes over the whole town, and reports of people randomly losing consciousness are going around at a very rapid rate.

>The cause of both problems appears to be <a man>, who reveals himself to someone eventually.

>A group must come together in order to fight the <a man>, who is eventually defeated. He leaves aforementioned group with <a mission>, ending The Bridge and leading to the next arc.

VERY IMPORTANT:

>Do your best not to start anything absolutely story changing before the first cutscene! For now, please just introduce yourself and start some little interactions.

>I will be playing <the man> for all major dialogue and actions. After The Bridge is complete, a full read on his backstory will be provided so other members can write him in future arcs.

>I highly recommend that if you end up finding <the man>, you refrain from writing his dialogue. If you really want to though, ask me first and show me everything you plan to say.
-This is a very delicate arc, since it is going to be rewritten by a larger group.

>This arc may or may not force characters into certain situations or locations via <Cutscenes>. Cutscenes are special events used to draw all events into a single point in order to ensure the basic plot is carried out without too much interruption. I realize this is railroading, and I'll do my best to avoid this in future arcs as it hampers character development. >-<)

(In a cutscene, most characters will not be put under control, so don't worry about it too much)
--

Promise, there will be a lot more freedom after The Bridge; call this a warm-up if you will. If you need more info, or have any complaints, talk to me.

I'm sure there are a lot of things left unclear by this statement, and I'll edit with additional information later.

Let's get to work! ^v^)/

Last edited by Impromptu on Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edit 1)
Impromptu
Impromptu
Azure Magician

Character sheet
Appearance:
Personality:
General Abilitites:

http://azure-magician.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum