Team Never-Ending Story HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 78 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:09 pm
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Team Never-Ending Story HQ on your social bookmarking website

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

OK HOLD ON JUST A SECOND HERE

+3
Impromptu
Deofol Engel
JasonGuy299
7 posters

Go down

OK HOLD ON JUST A SECOND HERE Empty OK HOLD ON JUST A SECOND HERE

Post by JasonGuy299 Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:48 pm

OK, to make sure the story doesn't go HORRIBLY OFF THE TRACKS this time around, we're gonna have to do some preliminary planning first.

Basically, we're gonna go lay out the whole plot of this version, think about how we're gonna develop characters, develop fight choreography, maybe create a new character or two, you get the idea.

Chances are most of your ideas won't be able to make it. We need to make sure what we've planned works for everyone here. Remember, Arc Version is a year after Classic Version.

I'll be saying this right now: I'd like this to be as high of a quality as possible. That mean no more writing your posts like scripts, no more relying on color coding for dialogue, and no more detailing fights like something out of Pokemon. We're going hardcore here.

Oh yeah, and if any of you got any info about how I wanted Arc Version to be a long time ago, ignore all of that because I'm ditching it.
JasonGuy299
JasonGuy299
Crimson Wind

Character sheet
Appearance:
Personality:
General Abilitites:

https://teamneshq.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

OK HOLD ON JUST A SECOND HERE Empty Re: OK HOLD ON JUST A SECOND HERE

Post by Deofol Engel Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:41 pm

There's a way to link classic to this, and it's pretty cheesy, but once we start up this one then I'll bridge it.
Deofol Engel
Deofol Engel

Character sheet
Appearance:
Personality:
General Abilitites:

Back to top Go down

Post by Impromptu Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:35 pm

Wow, this thing's getting dusty...

Anyway, before I pitch any ideas, I'd like to bring up the Iuctim? It was the weapon Arctus claimed to use to defeat us, in "Across the Border".

It's canon now, (unless we do anything about it) so how exactly are we to bring it in during Arc Ver.? Collect The MacGuffins was pretty much the main story in pre-apocalyptic N-E S (before Jason and Dan were invented introduced) seems a little bland and/or repetitive too.

Last edited by Impromptu on Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Impromptu
Impromptu
Azure Magician

Character sheet
Appearance:
Personality:
General Abilitites:

http://azure-magician.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Konian Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:18 pm

We may have to add in an element in which we gotta go around and save my friends, because that will need to happen eventually...why not now?
Konian
Konian

Back to top Go down

Post by Super-Flint Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:23 am

In where we left off I aluded to mystraco, who appeared in the non-canon part of classic- and Intoxicette's second death was aluded to in the oversized Chapter 7 but I think those will restrict the storyline and **** it up again.

I'd also like to try out the Dark Magic that Flint's apparantly able to use in Arc version.

Finally- maybe a look into Arctus's Origins, assuming that he's only using a body clone of me and not a full-clone- perhaps his origins take place when he is in a different body? or maybe he was a computer programme now sentiant and dangerous- I dunno, My ideas for plot tend to be crap.

Edit: from the begining of Arc- Flint would be in a serious state of depression hiding in his apartment sitting in front of the Tellivision after having Killed Intoxicette, of whom was a spy against Arctus and also having not only let Arctus get away but also being mainly responsible.

Edit 2:

Just a tip- if you're having trouble thinking of ideas, start off by answering my question-

What did you character do after Arctus's Defeat?

Having said that, I'm aware that some members weren't there at the time- I'll come up with a different question and put it here (hopefully)

Also some time ago in the chat- someone (I think it was Impromptu) mentioned that we should have something that brings NES back together after we would have disbanded from defeating Arctus. I would like to suggest something to do with the crystals that we gathered back at bitf and once again- the Garden of Eden perhaps.

An alternate/additional suggestion is the reprise of Lunam.
Super-Flint
Super-Flint

Character sheet
Appearance:
Personality:
General Abilitites:

Back to top Go down

Post by Impromptu Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:27 pm

Super-Flint wrote:Also some time ago in the chat- someone (I think it was Impromptu)
LIES
IT WAS THE COLONEL
[/points and waves arm in direction]

Nn...
I like your ideas, you should definitely go into that. Looking into Arctus' past is definitely something I want to go into- He's come off as alot of things, he's a great villain- Crafty and intelligent- But so far we don't seem to have had a supported reason for his desire to take over the world/worlds/universe/universes.
Also, I had a few ideas for how he ended up as a Crystal spirit (I do believe that's what we've classified them as?), but I'd like to keep them on hold for now. >,>

>Konian

Ooh.
I'd like to know about these characters, would you care to elaborate? 0,o

---
>Jason
Jason
What are these new ideas of yours

---
Hey guys, I spent a few hours of bit of my time on this thing, maybe this could help us out?

Classic Version: (Summary)
Spoiler:

(This is just a very brief summary, if I left out some incredibly major plot point, please tell)

ARC VERSION:
>Team is separated after defeating Arctus.
>Some kind of event draws team back together.
-Watch out for "[barges into house] Oh hey we're banding together again come on OK grab my hat adventure tiem"
>Somethingsomething
>Team N E S's supposed defeat.

[Expected:]
>Backstory on Arctus, hopefully.
>Something something Iuctim.
>Something involving Arctus' gradual conquest of the world/all worlds/universes

These are facts, now, how many times did I say "Derailment"?
[/shot]

Anyway, as for what we're doing during separation, I'm thinking I'll be with a travelling group of clerics. (Doodles coming soon, if wanted)

((Just checking, does Lunam have a close affiliation with Arctus? I'm thinking that maybe that could come into play during Arc/Deluxe.))

Also, do you guys want a badly written summary of Deluxe version because I spent maybe an hour and a half writing it

Last edited by Impromptu on Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:34 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : How does spoilerbox)
Impromptu
Impromptu
Azure Magician

Character sheet
Appearance:
Personality:
General Abilitites:

Back to top Go down

Post by Deofol Engel Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:15 pm

There something I kinda should note, I was still in another dimension when Arctus was "sealed away" However the sealing most likely would be a push to another dimension.

NES "defeats" Arctus, but in sealing him (kicking him out of the NES dimension) he has found out more about the different dimensions so then he starts to roam around. That's how he would most likely get the artifact that would defeat NES.

As for me, I never met any of you during this period so I may help indirectly (off-screen), but the main character I will use will then be Lady Aurora.

I'd like to contribute somehow right XD

As for what happens after defeating Arctus (the above was just a spew of random things):
Deofol: Will go back to Graes Maroa (Dimension of Eternal Conflict) and focus on unlocking his seals.

Arctus: Will most likely be running around the different dimensions looking for some way to defeat team NES (probably hoping once and for all)

Lady Aurora: Follows Impromptu (unknown reason so far) AKA I dunno what yet

Yeah, that's the gist of what I was thinking on how to be in the Arc Version yet not be.
Deofol Engel
Deofol Engel

Character sheet
Appearance:
Personality:
General Abilitites:

Back to top Go down

Post by 9kirby99 Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:37 pm

Okay, This is looking good. Now for me...

9kirby99: Heads back to Kirbyville to rule over his kingdom and try to get it back to normal. Maybe look for where the KirbyDrill went. (Note: KirbyDrill MAY be important, as there is no idea where it went. Or maybe I'm being paranoid here.)

Krystal (Not the wishgranter, but my Girl Friend/Future queen, if you remember her. She is also a ninja.): Heads back to Kirbyville with 9kirby99. Most likely will be romantic with him as relationship develops. Will also train and prepare for Queenship in 5 years.

Sizzix: Head somewhere to plot my demise and take over my kingdom.

That sounds good. Can't wait for this to start up.
9kirby99
9kirby99

Character sheet
Appearance:
Personality:
General Abilitites:

Back to top Go down

Post by Impromptu Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:59 pm

9kirb, we have a long time before we start Arc. Did you see the part about completely developing the story before we start the train that runs without rails?

Deofol_Engel wrote:There something I kinda should note, I was still in another dimension when Arctus was "sealed away" However the sealing most likely would be a push to another dimension.

NES "defeats" Arctus, but in sealing him (kicking him out of the NES dimension) he has found out more about the different dimensions so then he starts to roam around. That's how he would most likely get the artifact that would defeat NES.

I like how this connects, but how would he gain the ability to transcend dimensions? Unless he found it by sheer luck, he would probably have learned it or have budded up with someone who could.
I'm just throwing ideas out here.

I apologize for just throwing out questions like this, but I'd like to ask this: What's Arctus' motivation for bringing together the dimensions? It would probably tie into his backstory, (again, I had ideas, but I wanted to see everyone's input before I pitched anything), what do you guys think?

Unless of course it's been said, I'm still reading everything over.
Impromptu
Impromptu
Azure Magician

Character sheet
Appearance:
Personality:
General Abilitites:

Back to top Go down

Post by 9kirby99 Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:57 pm

(I knew that Impromptu, but can't one be excited for something that is a long time away?)

That would make sense, and I have an idea about dimension traveling, by means of Arctus.

We have no idea where he is, except for the face that he is caged up in that place. Arctus may have gotten trust someone who passed by his cage who can also dimension travel. He/she may also be the person who had that artifact, as well. As for backstory of bringing dimensions together, I have no idea. I'd leave that to flint. personally. He does know him best.
9kirby99
9kirby99

Character sheet
Appearance:
Personality:
General Abilitites:

Back to top Go down

Post by Deofol Engel Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:41 pm

Actually judging by the movement patterns of the Society of Justice (OpFor against Deofol) during this time, they would help Arctus, not knowing his motivations. The reason for joining together the dimensions however is something I'll post in the Arctus' main plan thing in another section. But basically, if we follow 9Kirby's base idea over there, Arctus is trying to summon up the Dark Royalty from post below:

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

However, he would need a large amount of power to summon up the Dark Royalty. Also, to prevent NES from hindering his plans he may be searching for the cross item Flint drew up.

To explain it clearly:
Arctus can travel through dimensions because of Society of Justice.

He overhears a great power that could stop even a god (Flint's device).

He finds out after exploring a little that by putting together dimensions they would force out a lot of power.

Also, any characters inside those dimensions will die out unless they have a strong enough will or some kind of revive ability.

Deofol will notice this, it's kinda obvious when a dimension with so many lives inside disappear at once, and may send a message to Jason, Flint 9Kir or Improm. (I'm just blowing this out my nose, so it's not necessarily part of the script.)

(Also, as I don't quite know Arctus very well, Flint will have to explain more about the device and confirm if what I said above was even true.)
Deofol Engel
Deofol Engel

Character sheet
Appearance:
Personality:
General Abilitites:

Back to top Go down

Post by Super-Flint Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:46 am

^ I like your ideas btw however-

I have only made a design for the Iuctim, the cross itself however was Jason's idea. I actually know very little about the device.

I will say however that I designed it with light magic in mind and not dark, as if it's a weapon that doesn't have any distinction between good or evil, or possibly a weapon created for justice (which is why it looks like somehting you'd fight a vampire with)

Edit: well actually I can say that I also didn't design it as an item powerful enough to stop a god, but it would be powerful to defeat team NES at the very least, obviously.

Additionally Arctus was actually a villain devised by Dan who I've basically stolen and designed "for" him. Having said that I have tried to think of what I'd expect Arctus to do to get to where he is in Deluxe, however sadly I can't think of anything original, so I may come back to this.

However I'd just like to mention that Arctus appeared for the first time in classic fairly quickly, whereas in deluxe he has this knack for sometimes showing up and sometimes not showing up, in my opinion Arctus is the archetype of Moriarty: someone who always seems to get away to plot again, and this case he's been sealed away so upon return he'd very much like to get payback on team NES, but if he's like Moriarty, he'd "burn the heart out of us" before actually killing us. (though we can't kill off anyone from the team, I myself can get captured as that sets up my sidestory and something needs to happen to 9Kirb' to make him lose his memory in deluxe.)

Also something I was trying to work into Classic until we derailed it: Mystraco- I mentioned Mystraco long before in classic back when Intoxicette wasn't on our side- now because I've made a couple of contradications in the lead up to Arctus's first defeat. now I'm not sure how I can work Mystraco into Arc version, I may change the character entirely, it might not even be a sentiant being, it could be a plant, I dunno. another thing I'm not doing from classic is making Intoxicette another sort of super-mind by leaving me a message after her death. No- no more beyond the grave help from her, that's very cliché (like all my other ideas too actually. Thankfully we haven't made any agreements yet)

Edit: I actually can't remember who even devised the name Arctus, whether it was Dan or Impromptu.

Last edited by Super-Flint on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Super-Flint
Super-Flint

Character sheet
Appearance:
Personality:
General Abilitites:

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeUra Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:22 pm

I wasn't with NES timeline and story-wise... but I still want to join. I'm trying to figure out how I can join, besides the obvious [insert new character into storyline here].
LeeUra
LeeUra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum